Advert of the week
On YouTube: Mastercard Blowjob Commercial
Things to know this week
- Redro's beloved fish paste and Peck's Anchovette are (finally) back and currently exclusively on the shelves of 50 Pick n Pay stores.
- Hellmann's Mayonnaise is also back in certain Pick n Pay stores and on the Pick n Pay app after sales ceased in January, at certain Checkers branches and online, and on Takealot.
- Baker's ever-popular Zoo biscuits have captured the Rugby World Cup spirit with the logo “from one South African icon to another" and Springboks prancing on the green background.
1. We swear by these face masks from the grand old French cosmetics brand, Payot. The Hangover Mask is fantastic. We also love the Water Power one. From R120 at selected Dis-Chem stores.
2. This is a wonderful idea for a gift: gorgeous botanical accessories from Studio Roof (plantify.co.za) to brighten up your home, office or any living space. Made from recycled cardboard and printed with non-toxic inks.
According to Dutch trend forecaster Li Edelkoort, children's motifs are everywhere in mainstream fashion trends. Ballooning sleeves, baby doll dresses, baby puffer pants and Mary Jane shoes to boot, all of which point to the deep need for childlike sparkle and gaiety in the world.
Sharp Objects is a delightful, suspenseful drama series on Showmax starring the brilliant Amy Adams as a journalist who returns to her hometown to cover the murders of two girls. The storyline is about the crime, but it is her own struggle with post-traumatic stress disorder, the complicated family dynamic and her symbiotic relationship with her mother that make the series fascinating and provide depth. Big plus: brilliant actors, believable storyline and nice music.
Two tips from our guest of honour of the week, the author Johan Myburg:
1. The New Yorker's The Writer’s Voice — where, for example, you can listen to Margaret Atwood read one of her own stories, Old Babes in the Wood.
2. The Canadian pianist Glenn Gould talks on YouTube about Johann Sebastian Bach's Goldberg Variations.
Reuse the pickling liquid from, say, a jar of gherkins to pickle cucumbers or other vegetables for a day or two. It works like a charm. Read more about it here.
♦ VWB ♦
BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION: Go to the bottom of this page to share your opinion. We look forward to hearing from you.